Upd. at 19:44 Sport EN Cesc Fabregas spoke openly, honestly and refreshingly with ‘Al Primer Toque’ on Thursday night. He spoke about his time at Barcelona, his summer move to Chelsea and Lionel Messi’s happiness at the Catalan club. Here are the best parts of his interview. CET On national team rifts: “In the end, we all wanted to win. It had been tough after some of the matches between Madrid and Barça. When you have to be teammates with people that usually are your rivals it is difficult, but we managed it OK. Now there is a really good group with the national team. Everything is fine with Ramos and me now. We’ve been teammates since we were 16 and we’ve always got on well. We spoke. Everything is good.” On Messi staying put: “Messi is happy at Barça and Barça are happy with him. I feel bad that they say I could mediate the arrival of Messi at Chelsea. Who am I to talk of contracts? I am just a player. He’ll do what makes him most happy. As his friend, colleague and a footballer, if I had the opportunity to play with Leo again, I would welcome it. I don’t know Luis Enrique. I know Leo and I doubt that he is thinking of what they are saying because he’s an easy-going guy and I have never seen anything like that in the three years we played together.” On linking up with Jose: “A few months ago I could never have imagined myself at Chelsea, especially because of my past with Arsenal, but that’s football. When I decided to leave Barcelona I looked for the best option for me, thinking of myself. I spoke with Mourinho and in 10 minutes I’d made my decision. He convinced me. It was the week after the final game of la Liga, I called Bartomeu and Zubi and within three days it was done.” Positional problems: “Xavi’s position is the one I like the most. At Arsenal I played as an attacking midfielder, but the manager gave me a lot of freedom there. At Barça I started there, until they started to move me about. That was difficult because I was used to having more freedom on the pitch.” On the Ballon d’Or: “All three could win it. The best in the world, the most talented is Messi. They say he’s had his worst year but he’s only scored three less goals than Cristiano, who was at his best. Tactically and in football terms, Messi is better. Messi participates more. For me, in my team, I would always prefer Leo.” 09/01/2015 Tough at Camp Nou: “Barça is the most difficult place to play for a footballer. It is the biggest challenge. It is not enough just to win, it is about how you win as well.”
Carlo Ancelotti says he sees himself at Real Madrid next season, along with Iker Casillas. 17/04/2015 Upd. at 21:36 He also defended the goalkeeper, amid claims David De Gea may join from Manchester United next season. CEST Sport EN But Ancelotti said: “I see myself here at Real Madrid next season, with Casillas and with all of the others who are doing a good job. It’s not an important question at this point in time. We are focused on what we need to do.” The Italian coach may find himself in hot water at the Santiago Bernabeu if he cannot bring either La Liga or the eleventh Champions League to the table at the end of the season. “It’s not for me to list a ranking of goalkeepers; I have three very good goalkeepers who I am happy with. The best goalkeepers in the world are the ones I have in my squad. I’ve never spoken about signing another goalkeeper.”
Sport EN Bakkali, who had also been linked with a move to the Premier League, explained his delight at joining Valencia. Valencia have confirmed the signing of Belgian international Zakaria Bakkali from PSV Eindohoven. CEST Bakkali will now travel to Austria, where he will join up with his new teammates for a pre-season training camp. “I arrive here fully motivated to work hard and to help my new teammates. I had decided a while ago that I wanted to continue my career away from Eindhoven and I had many options from which to choose. Coming to Valencia CF and La Liga is a dream come true for me.” “Valencia Club de Futbol have today reached an agreement with Belgian international Zakaria Bakkali to join the club through to June 30th, 2020,” they wrote. “I am very young and it is a big step for me to join a club with the tradition and qualities of Valencia CF, in such an attractive and competitive league,” he said. Los Che released a statement on Monday revealing the deal, which had long been in the works, has now been completed. Upd. at 17:08 “The young Belgian player, born on January 20th, 1996, arrives on a free transfer after the conclusion of his contract at PSV Eindhoven.” 06/07/2015
Godin’s country, Uruguay, face Colombia in a World Cup 2018 qualifier and he is not looking forward to the clash. He said: “Everything about Colombia concerns us. Possession is a traditional strength they have. We’re playing one of the best teams in South America, who have been together for many years.” The Colombian forward has struggled to hit his best form up front. Sport EN 13/10/2015 at 08:38 Diego Godin claims Atletico Madrid team-mate Jackson Martinez will start finding the net for the Rojiblancos sooner rather than later. CEST “He came in from a different type of football, from a different club, which plays in a different way. He’s adapting to the team, to what Atlético Madrid requires, and when he’s ready I’m sure he’ll score goals,” Godin said, per AS.
On whether he could resign as president Asked if he could turn to Mourinho again after he was sacked by Chelsea, Perez said. Upd. at 05:59 Perez publicly backed Benitez after Real’s humiliating 4-0 defeat to Barcelona in the Clasico on 21 November and on Thursday night went on Spanish radio programme El Larguero on Cadena SER to reaffirm his support for the Spaniard, following Sunday’s loss at Villarreal. Sport EN But he appeared to leave the door open to Mourinho in the future, adding: On whether or not he has told the club channel to stop filming his bald patch “Benitez is not the problem, he is the solution,” said Perez. “I haven’t thought about that. I grow in adversity. I won’t resign after losing a Clasico 4-0 at the Bernabeu. In 2006 (when he resigned from his first spell as president) I had a lot of work on and I thought another person could give a new lease of life to the club. Now I can manage my work and the club. One day I will leave, but I will try and fix all these problems first. A year ago we were ahead of Barcelona. Being behind them now is no reason to burn down our stadium.” “I would feel ashamed to say that. They have said that I’m dating (Spanish TV presenter) Isabel Preysler, they say I had a facelift in Miami…. You don’t have to be very intelligent to realise that it’s not true.” CET “I have great memories of him. He returned us to a competitive level. We were number 13 in the UEFA Rankings when he arrived and when he left we were No. 1. We made it to the semi-finals of the Champions League three times and we only missed out on the final due to bad luck.” “No-one can predict the future. I think I will continue for some time but life takes many unexpected turns.” “No-one can predict the future, but today, no. We are only thinking about Benitez.” On whether he has a bad relationship with the squad Other key quotes from the interview: Real Madrid president Florentino Perez insists he still backs beleaguered coach Rafa Benitez, but refused to rule out an eventual return to the club for Jose Mourinho. “I have said before that he is our coach and the right person to fix the problems that we have had since last January. That was when this awful spell began. It’s been a horrible year for us, but we have to give Benitez time.” “That won’t happen, even though many people in the media seem to have agreed that it will. I appreciate Zidane. And many supports still thank me for bringing him back. I admire him a lot and he will be a great Madrid coach one day, but that’s not for now. He wants to be (the Madrid) coach, he has a lot of hunger.” On his own future “It’s not true. I speak to the players after every game and whenever I run into one of them at a wedding. But I don’t call them up.” On Zidane replacing Benitez immediately 18/12/2015
Neymar’s desire is to continue at Barcelona, where he is happy next to Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez, forming the best trident in the world. But what could alter his desire would be the off the pitch tax issues which have been linked to his contract. Sport EN Paris Saint-Germain’s dream of signing Barcelona star Neymar as Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s replacement will have to wait. The French club are aware that the Brazilian is ready to continue in Catalonia, despite the difficulties he has had recently off the pitch. CEST Upd. at 13:14 According to L’Equipe on Tuesday, Neymar is the player most liked by PSG’s owners. However, and despite the fact they have been in contact with the player for a while, there are several ‘inconveniences’ when it comes to doing a potential deal. PSG will wait until Neymar is ready to leave Barcelona until they make a serious move for the Brazilian. For now, his priority is to continue at Barça with Messi and Co. as it’s the best place to win titles. Therefore, Cristiano Ronaldo is the alternative for the Ligue 1 side. In France they know Neymar will continue with Barça next season and that he has a deal until 2018. They recognise the fact he will play the Olympics and not the Copa America this summer is a sign he has a good relationship with the club, while he is negotiating a new deal with the Blaugrana, too. 10/05/2016
Upd. at 16:57 CEST efe 26/06/2018 “I don’t know. We have out calendar but I think the only solution is for it to be a one-off game. La Liga is a guest at this game, though, it’s not our competition. We’re going to see with the Federation [RFEF],” Tebas said. IN SPORT.ES However, August 19 is the opening weekend of the new La Liga season and Tebas has previously said he will not move games to accommodate the Super Cup. The possibility of cutting it down to one game was also raised at the beginning of the month by RFEF president Luis Manuel Rubiales, although if Barça and Sevilla don’t accept, his proposal is August 12 and 19. La Liga president Javier Tebas says the dates for the Spanish Super Cup between Barcelona and Sevilla are still in the air and that “the best solution is for it to be a one-off game”. Tebas quiere la Supercopa de España a partido único The problem is that Sevilla are taking part in the qualifiers for the Europa League throughout July and August, while Barça have the final friendly of their U.S tour on August 4 in San Francisco.
Advertisement peguNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs343Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Ebd0j( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 3cf6Would you ever consider trying this?😱30wetvCan your students do this? 🌚c914bqRoller skating! Powered by Firework Trevor Booker is nearing agreement on a contract with the Shanxi Brave Dragons of the Chinese Basketball Association, Alex Kennedy of HoopsHype.com reports.Advertisement A couple of months ago during annual youth basketball camp, he seemed perfectly willing to go anywhere for his next career stop.“Wherever welcomes me, I’ll be happy to go,” Booker said.Advertisement Booker confirmed on Wednesday that he has agreed to a deal with the Shanxi Brave Dragons of the Chinese Basketball Association. That team is based in Taiyuan, China.Advertisement Booker hasn’t generated much interest in free agency from NBA teams this summer, so he appears poised to head overseas for the first time in his career in an attempt to showcase himself for a potential return to North America next spring. The 30-year-old suited up in 68 regular-season contests between the Nets, Pacers, and 76ers in 2017-18, averaging 6.3 points, 4.7 rebounds, and 1.2 assists in 17.0 minutes per contest.Also Read-NBA: Dallas Mavericks sign Donte Ingram to a deal Advertisement
Advertisement uqs95NBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs2m3Wingsuit rodeo📽Sindre Eth3g( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) 5hxfeWould you ever consider trying this?😱4dwCan your students do this? 🌚vmRoller skating! Powered by Firework The 22-year-old Frenchman can now join the likes of Ronaldo, Eric Cantona and Ruud van Nistelrooy in scoring in six consecutive Premier League games.Advertisement Eighteen players have scored on their Premier League debut for Manchester United. From Paul Scholes to Ruud van Nistelrooy and Zlatan Ibrahimovic.Advertisement Anthony Martial’s debut goal against Liverpool in September 2015 is surely one of the most memorable Old Trafford moments since Sir Alex Ferguson retired.After the then French teenager had moved to the club from Monaco for what many saw as an exorbitant fee, his immediate impact against his new club’s arch-rivals rearranged the description: here was the future of European football, snapped up by United before their rivals could react.Advertisement But Martial’s start at the career has been far from near perfection. Shunted out wide, Martial had to watch Ibrahimovic and Wayne Rooney take the central role in Jose Mourinho’s first season at the club, and the same happened with Romelu Lukaku in 2017-18.The Belgian’s struggles this season have, though, opened the door for Martial and Marcus Rashford and, with goals in each of his last five Premier League appearances, the France international has grabbed his big chance.Should he score against Crystal Palace on Saturday, Martial will become the first United player to net in six successive league games since Cristiano Ronaldo in April 2008. Advertisement
Advertisement 7smiruNBA Finals | Brooklyn Vs9yxWingsuit rodeo📽Sindre E5ie( IG: @_aubreyfisher @imraino ) Would you ever consider trying this?😱omxygxCan your students do this? 🌚1oet1dRoller skating! Powered by Firework Mauricio Pochettino’s works at Tottenham Hotspur have garnered quite the praise for himself, and has helped him gain the trust of the club’s top brass, prompting him to sign a new long-term deal with the club. However, the manager casts doubt over his future despite contract assurance. Advertisement Pochettino’s magic in north London seems to have working wonders for Spurs, who have qualified for the Champions League thrice in a row since the 2015-16 season up until now, following the Argentine’s arrival at White Hart Lane back in May 2014. Having built up a stable lineup from a group of the club’s academy graduates, including star striker Harry Kane, the club’s hierarchy, having been impressed by him, offered another 5-year extention to his previous initial 5-year deal, which Pochettino signed in last summer.However, lack of trophies might play a role in his stay to an extent. Pochettino, 45, claimed, Spurs were a victim of their own success, and that he would stay with the club “till the end”. However, he had other things to say about his future, considering the opportunities that potentially await him at Manchester United and Real Madrid.Advertisement “It depends on the mood of my chairman, on the decision of the company, it’s not only my decision.“I signed for five years. I am respecting my contract. But to sign a five-year contract does not mean you’ll be here for ever,” Pochettino said.Advertisement Read also:-Pochettino credits Carabao Cup’s away goal rule for Spurs exit Advertisement