Air Ticket Sales Up 5 Percent in November 2018 vs. 2017

first_imgARC Data Shows International Passenger Trips Increased 7 Percent Year-Over-Year  ARLINGTON, Va. – December 19, 2018 – Airlines Reporting Corp. (ARC) announced today that the consolidated dollar value of airline tickets sold by U.S.-based travel agencies increased more than 5 percent in November as compared to November 2017, totaling $7.1 billion vs. $6.8 billion.* The average U.S. round-trip ticket price for November 2018 was $498, up $13 from the same time in 2017. The total number of passenger trips settled by ARC for U.S. travel agencies increased nearly 2 percent to 22,078,339 compared to 21,733,719 in November 2017. U.S. domestic trips decreased less than 2 percent while international passenger trips increased by 7 percent. Electronic Miscellaneous Document (EMD)** sales in November 2018 totaled $6 million, a 1 percent increase compared to November 2017. EMD transactions decreased 8 percent to 86,940 in November 2018 vs. 94,441 in November 2017. More detailed information is available on ARC’s website.  ABOUT ARC An industry leader in air travel distribution and intelligence, ARC settled $88.5 billion in ticket transactions in 2017 between airlines and travel agencies, representing more than 287 million passenger trips. ARC provides flexible distribution solutions, innovative technology and access to the world’s most comprehensive air ticket transaction data, helping the global air travel community connect, grow and thrive. For more information, please visit www.arccorp.com.last_img read more