I accept my fate with all sincerity: Prithvi Shaw responds to BCCI doping suspension

first_imgI accept my fate with all sincerity: Prithvi Shaw responds to BCCI doping suspensionIndian Test opener Prithvi Shaw has broken his silence soon after the BCCI handed him an 8-month suspension after his urine sample tested positive for the banned substance Terbutaline.advertisement India Today Web Desk New DelhiJuly 30, 2019UPDATED: July 31, 2019 07:57 IST Prithvi Shaw will be out of competitive cricket till November 15, 2019. (Getty Images)HIGHLIGHTSPrithvi Shaw has been suspended for 8 months by BCCIShaw has claimed that he inadvertently used a cough syrup for treatment of severe coldShaw has also accepted the verdictIndia batsman Prithvi Shaw has been handed a back-dated eight-month suspension for a doping violation after ingesting a prohibited substance Terbutaline, the country’s cricket board (BCCI) said on Tuesday.The BCCI said Shaw, who made his test debut last year, admitted to the Anti-Doping Rule Violation (ADRV) but the 19-year-old asserted that it was ‘inadvertent’, ingesting the substance when he had used an over-the-counter cough syrup.Shaw released a statement later on Tuesday saying he accepted the punishment and hoped this example would deter other athletes from neglecting protocol when it came to taking medicines.”I accept my fate with all sincerity,” Shaw said on Twitter. “I have to take this in my stride and hope it inspires others in our sports fraternity too in India.”We as athletes need to be extremely careful in taking any medicine for the smallest of medical ailments even if the medicine is available over the counter.”Shaw last played for India in a test match against West Indies in October last year and has not been picked in the squad for their tour of the Caribbean next month.However, Shaw will be allowed to resume training with his state team after midnight on Sept. 15.Here is his full statement:pic.twitter.com/KXYHcUcBR0Prithvi Shaw (@PrithviShaw) July 30, 2019″I have come to know today that I will not be able to play cricket till mid-November 2019. This is in light of a prohibited substance present in the cough syrup which I inadvertently took when I had severe cough & cold while playing for my Mumbai team during Syed Mushtaq Ali tournament in Indore in Feb 2019. I was coming back off a foot injury which I suffered during the India tour of Australia & I was returning to active cricket in that tournament. However, out of my eagerness to play, I didn’t follow the protocol of being careful in consuming a basic over the counter cough syrup.advertisementI accept my fate with all sincerity. while I’m still nursing an injury which I suffered during my last tournament, this news has really shaken me. I have to take this in my stride and I hope it inspires others in our sports fraternity too in India that we as athletes need to be extremely careful in taking any medicine for the smallest of medical ailments even if the medicine is available over the counter & we need to always follow the protocol.I thank the BCCI for all the support and also my near and dear ones who have always stood by me. Cricket is my life and there is no bigger pride for me than playing for India or Mumbai & I will come out of this faster and stronger. Thank you again, everyone, for your support.”The BCCI also said that two other domestic cricketers – Akshay Dullarwar (Vidarbha) and Divya Gajraj (Rajasthan) – were suspended for eight and six months, respectively, for similar inadvertent doping offences.Also Read | Prithvi Shaw suspended by BCCI until November 15 for doping violationAlso Read | Could have won Khel Ratna if Punjab government had sent my nomination on time: Harbhajan SinghFor sports news, updates, live scores and cricket fixtures, log on to indiatoday.in/sports. Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter for Sports news, scores and updates.Get real-time alerts and all the news on your phone with the all-new India Today app. Download from Post your comment Do You Like This Story? Awesome! Now share the story Too bad. Tell us what you didn’t like in the comments Posted byAjay Tiwari Tags :Follow Prithvi ShawFollow BCCIFollow Indian cricketlast_img read more

2A GSHL football: Hockinson 54, Ridgefield 13

first_img HOCKINSON 54, RIDGEFIELD 14Hockinson 7 33 7 7–54Ridgefield 0 0 0 14–14First QuarterH — Makaio Juarez 45 run (Nick Charles kick)Second QuarterH — Sawyer Racanelli 10 pass from Levi Crum (Charles Kick)H — Racanelli 16 pass from Crum (kick failed)H — Aidan Mallory 45 run (run no good)H — Peyton Brammer 40 pass from Crum (Charles Kick)H — Racanelli 44 pass from Crum (Charles Kick)Third QuarterH — Wyatt Jones 7 pass from Crum (Charles Kick)Fourth QuarterR — Hunter Abrams 7 run (Matthew Torres kick)H — Aiden Bonife 39 pass from Chase Rouse (Charles kick)R — Abrams 38 run (Torres kick)INDIVIDUAL STATISTICSRUSHING — Hockinson 20-137 Ridgefield 30 – 81Hockinson Mallory 1-45, Niehaus 2-35, Juice Jones 5 -29, Jake Talarico1-17, Crum 4-10, Cody Wheeler 4-5, Rouse 1 – (-2), Jones 1- (-2). Ridgefield: Abrams 26-99, Brock Harrison 1- (-2) Tanner Roberts 2 (-8), Torres 1 (-8)PASSING – Hockinson: Crum 12-18-202-5-0, Rouse 4-6-95-1-1 Ridgefield: Roberts 1-4-17RECEIVING – Hockinson: Rancanelli 5-113, Brammer 2-56, Aiden Bonife 1-39, Niehaus 1-34, Jeremiah Faulstick 1-25, Garrett Gundy 2-16, Aidan Mallory 1-10, Jones 1-7, Nicholas Frichti 1-7, Domingos 1(-10) Ridgefield: Malachi Lee 1-17 GO Tags Receive latest stories and local news in your email: Levi Crum threw five touchdown passes, three of them to Sawyer Racanelli, as the state’s top-ranked 2A team finished the regular season with a rout.Crum threw for 202 yards, also throwing touchdowns to Peyton Brammer and Wyatt Jones. Aidan Mallory lead the Hawks (8-0, 6-0) with 45 rushing yards and a touchdown.Makaio Niehaus opened the scoring with a 45-yard touchdown run in the first quarter.Hockinson’s defense held the Spudders (3-5, 1-5) to just one completion, 17 passing yards, 81 yards rushing.Hunter Abrams rushed for 99 yards and both of Ridgefield’s touchdowns, each in the fourth quarter. Hockinson HawksRidgefield Spudders Published: October 27, 2018, 12:25am center_img By Kerry McGarry, for The Columbian By signing up you are agreeing to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service. Share: 2A GSHL football: Hockinson 54, Ridgefield 13 Share:last_img read more

Forland Shipping Takes 100 Pct Ownership of Forland …

first_imgzoom Havyard Ship Invest AS has entered into an agreement with Forland Shipping today to sell Havyard’s 25% stake in Forland Subsea AS.LEWEK INSPECTORForland Subsea AS is the shipowning company of the subsea construction vessel “Lewek Inspector”.The Lewek Inspector is an inspection, maintenance & repair vessel, designed to give low fuel consumption in all operating modes, with North Sea IMR operations in mind.Once the transaction is completed, Forland Shipping will own 100 % of shares in Forland Subsea AS.Press Release, May 6, 2014, Image: emaslast_img read more

US should lift measure suspending refugee resettlement says UN chief Guterres

Source: UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR) Asked about the impact of the Executive Order signed by President Donald Trump on 27 January, that, among things, halts the entire US refugee programme for 120 days, bars entry of refugees from seven mostly Muslim countries for 90 days and suspends entry of Syrians until further notice, the UN chief said resettlement is “a must […] and the United States has always been at the forefront of refugee protection. Syrians are those that at present have the most dramatic needs.” Mr. Guterres, speaking to reporters at UN Headquarters, emphasized: “In my opinion, the US policy is not the way […] to best protect the US or any other country, in relation to the serious concerns that exist about the possibility of terrorist infiltration. I don’t think this is the effective way to do so and I think these measures should be removed sooner rather than later.” Noting that the measures “violate our basic principles,” he said they are not effective if the objective is to avoid terrorist entering the US.“We are dealing with very sophisticated global terrorist organizations. If a global terrorist organization [tried] to attack a country like the United States, they will probably not come with people with passports from those countries that are hotspots of conflict today,” said the UN chief, adding that they might come with passports from the most developed in the world, or they might use people that have been for decades sometimes inside the countries. VIDEO: Addressing the media, Secretary-General António Guterres calls on the re-establishment of “solid refugee protection in resettlement” by the United States, in response to its recent policy on immigration. Credit: UN News “And that is why it is so important not to have measures that spread anxiety and anger, because when we adopt measures that spread anxiety and anger, we help trigger the kind of recruitment mechanisms that these organizations are now doing everywhere in the world,” Mr. Guterres said, noting that the UN has been pushing for the capacity to have very strong measures in relation to management of borders but, at the same time, not to base them on any discrimination linked to nationality, religion or ethnicity. Responding to another question on the overall policy of the new US Administration, which one reporter suggested seemed at odds with the goals of the UN, Mr. Guterres stated: “[A]ll complicated things have an easy answer, and the answer is to be firm in assessing all principles and open in engaging in constructive dialogue. That is the combination that I will try to make effective in the way we deal with US Administration or in the way we deal with any other administration in the world.” read more