Real Madrid will be without midfielder Isco for a spell after the club confirmed he has suffered a hamstring strain.The 27-year-old made his second appearance of the season as he started Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Real Valladolid.He was, however, forced off in the 68th minute due to injury and is now set for a spell on the sidelines with Madrid announcing on Wednesday that the Spaniard is struggling with a muscle problem. Article continues below Editors’ Picks Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? A timescale has yet to be revealed although, depending on the severity of the problem, it could well be that the Spain international is out for as much as four weeks.A statement on the club’s official website read: “After the tests carried out today by the Real Madrid Medical Services, our player Isco has been diagnosed with a muscular injury in the right femoral biceps. His recovery will continue to be monitored.”The good news for Los Blancos is that Isco’s injury has come shortly before the international break, giving him an extended period to recover.He is, however, now the sixth Real player to pick up a muscle injury already this season with Ferland Mendy, Brahim Diaz, James Rodriguez and Rodrygo all suffering similar issues.Eden Hazard has also been unable to make his first-team debut due to a hamstring injury that has seen him miss his side’s opening matches of the 2019-20 season.Spanish forward Marco Asensio is another who is sidelined having suffered a cruciate ligament injury in a pre-season friendly meeting with Arsenal.As a result, Zinedine Zidane faces selection issues with his squad looking so thin ahead of Sunday’s visit of Villarreal.Los Blancos kicked off their season with a 3-1 win over Celta Vigo, with goals from Karim Benzema, Toni Kroos and Lucas Vazquez securing the three points despite a second-half red card for Luka Modric.They were, however, held by Valladolid in a shock result at the Bernabeu, with Benzema’s 82nd-minute opener cancelled out by Sergi Guardiola.After facing Villarreal on September 1, Madrid will then have a break 14 days before their next fixture against Levante, where Hazard could well make his competitive debut for the club.
Kevin De Bruyne has reminded those writing Manchester City off that they fell seven points off the pace last season before staging a stirring fightback to beat Liverpool to the Premier League title.The Blues have already slipped five points adrift of the Reds in 2019-20.Pep Guardiola’s side have only taken in five games, but have suffered uncharacteristic wobbles during a home draw with Tottenham and a shock 3-2 defeat away at Norwich. Article continues below Editors’ Picks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? Are Chelsea this season’s Ajax? Super-subs Batshuayi & Pulisic show Blues can dare to dream Liverpool, in contrast, remain faultless at the top of the table and are already being billed by some as champions in waiting.De Bruyne says it is far too early to be making such bold predictions, with City having shown in the past that they have the stomach for a fight when major silverware is on the line.The Belgium international midfielder said in the wake of a stunning reversal at Carrow Road: “Last season we were seven points behind – it happens.“Of course we want to win every game but it is difficult.“You have to respect the other team and when they do well. They do well and that is it.“It will be tough, the next seven months, like last year. It never stops. It is our job and sometimes it is hard but you have to take it on the chin.“We lost four games out of 38 last season and that is a good record. We can still win this season with the same points at the end of this season.”If City are to complete a hat-trick of title successes this season, then De Bruyne is likely to play a leading role.He has struggled with fitness issues in recent times and was only named on the bench as Guardiola’s men came unstuck against injury-ravaged Norwich.The 28-year-old has no complaints at his manager’s selection calls and concedes that his omission from the starting XI on Saturday was not the cause of a surprisingly flat display.De Bruyne added: “We’ve got so many games going on so sometimes he [Guardiola] is going to make a change for whatever reason, you just have to take it and then if you can help the team…“You know there’s no point in saying I’m on the bench so we lost – that’s not the reason.“You know it’s going to be a difficult task at 3-1. I tried to help the team but it wasn’t enough.”I think we put a little pressure on them but I think they defended really well so in the end we scored too late.” Check out Goal’s Premier League 2019-20 fantasy football podcast for game tips, debate and rivalries.
NEW YORK – September 5, 2019 – Youth Travel Expert, Topdeck Travel, has officially unveiled its Europe 2020 tours, showcasing four new incredible trips across Malta, Sicily, Bodrum and France, among over 150 unique and refreshed itineraries. To celebrate the release of the full European brochure, Topdeck is inviting travelers to join ‘The Class of 2020’with 10 percent off select Europe trips booked between now and November 30, 2019, for travel April-December 2020. Topdeck is coining 2020 as the year to create milestones, memories and new friends, and will lead the adventure seeking cohort to incredible destinations and experiences. Topdeck General Manager of Sales David Gendle says the upcoming year will be filled to the brim with adventures in Europe and is encouraging eager explorers to secure their golden 2020 ticket there. “Every single trip and destination on offer next year was handcrafted based on what travelers are wanting and yearning for, perhaps beyond their wildest dreams, and 2020 is the culminating moment they finally do it,” Mr. Gendle said. “From summer through winter, there is an immersive energy to every route. Every individual that joins a tour will be a part of an exclusive class of travelers, a page out of a yearbook they’ll look back on with exceptionally fond memories.” The 12-day Sicily and Malta Explored itinerary includes the chance to traverse the azure waters of the Blue Lagoon; a beautiful boat trip to the island of Comino; a full day of four-wheel driving on Gozo; and a guided night tour of the ‘Silent City’ of Mdina. The experience also includes a traditional pizza making class in Sicily and the opportunity to be immersed in the historical sights of Catania, Palermo and Taormina. In addition to the two Mediterranean destinations, three new routes have been added, including an intimate 15-day France only tour; eight days of sailing from Bodrum; and 28 days of European delights beginning in London. For those interested in being charmed by Parisian delicacies, the 15-day Bonjour France trip is just the ticket. Enjoy a gourmet picnic by the Eiffel Tower, soak up the medieval charm of Bayeux, discover Marseille and take in amazing views of the French Alps! Travelers who have always dreamt a life on the open seas can sail the scenic Turkish coastline for eight incredible days from Bodrum, stopping to swim and snorkel in the Aegean Sea. Bodrum Sailing includes visits to the Byzantine ruins in Kisebuku and the quaint fishing village of Tuzla Bay. With so many experiences to try and destinations to visit, having a taste of everything Europe has to offer is now possible on the 28-day European Delights tour. From London to Barcelona, and Greece to Amsterdam, travelers will visit iconic cities and encounter many rites of passage as a tourist, including a traditional gondola ride in Venice. The complete Europe offering caters to all travelers aged 18-39 and ranges in length from 4-49 days. To uncover all 161 trips and book your 2020 departure, view the new Europe brochure here. For destination inspiration, check out Topdeck’s Europe trips at: www.topdeck.travel/tours/europe About Topdeck Topdeck is the number one provider of epic, hassle-free, authentic group trips for 18 to 39-year-olds that uncover the best of any worldwide destination. Founded in 1973 by a group of friends with a double decker bus and a passion for adventure, Topdeck has grown to offer a variety of culturally rich planned trips spanning Europe, Asia, Australia & New Zealand, North America, Africa and the Middle East. Topdeckers from around the world enjoy a travel experience led by fun, local trip leaders with the opportunity to travel with and meet likeminded individuals. Terms & Conditions: The offer of “10% off Europe 2020 trips” applies to select Topdeck Europe trips departing between March 26, 2020 and March 31, 2021. Valid for new bookings made between September 3, 2019 to December 15, 2019. Advertised “SAVE UP TO” price is based on the Mega European – Egypt trip. For discount to apply, all Topdeck services must be paid in full by December 15, 2019. The discount does not apply to Limited Edition trips, festivals, short breaks, stopovers or pre/post accommodation. This offer can be combined with other offers, to a maximum discount value of 15%. Quote promo code CAMTDEU202010% at time of booking. Passengers must be aged 18-39 at time of travel. Subject to availability. Topdeck reserves the right to amend or withdraw this offer at any time. For general Topdeck booking terms and conditions see www.topdeck.travel/terms-and-conditions
With efforts to enhance its 3G service handling capacity to mobile customers, the Guyana Telephone and Telegraph Company (GTT) over the past month installed nine new pole sites across the core Georgetown areas.The new pole sites were deployed in North Georgetown (Main Street and Thomas Lands); South Lusignan; South Diamond; West of Stadium; Enterprise ECD and West Minister WBD.According to GTT’s Senior Engineer- Mobile Operations, Ian La Fargue since the installation of the new pole sites the company has seen increased traffic for 3G mobile services.“These nine pole sites are for additional capacity. Pole sites selected for this deployment ensured high traffic areas were satisfied to cater for additional capacity in a specific mobile serving area.”“Since we deployed these poles, we have seen an increase in traffic for services. Persons traversing these in high traffic mobile areas can now enjoy improved mobile functionality,” La Fargue stated.The senior engineer explained that these new sites are shorter when compared to the traditional towers, and reduce the area required for a site while adding capacity in the area installed.In addition to the nine pole sites, La Fargue explained that the telephone company would be installing six traditional towers commencing the last quarter of 2019.This, he noted, will cater to customers outside of core Georgetown areas. “The tower sites we have are for South Canal WBD, North Rosignol and New Amsterdam areas.” Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)RelatedGTT deploys 3G site to replace fallen cell tower at DiamondAugust 13, 2019In “Business”GTT shelling out over US$20M to improve internet servicesAugust 23, 2018In “Business”De Kendren blackout: Residents peeved at fallen GPL poleMay 28, 2017In “Business”