Romelu Lukaku has fired back at pundit Gary Neville for questioning his professionalism, citing the praise of his former coaches as proof of his commitment to the game.Lukaku completed a £74 million ($90m) move to Inter this summer, bringing to a close a two-year spell at Manchester United that was filled with ups and downs.The Belgian was subject to criticism on the way out, with former United player Neville tweeting Lukaku, having admitted to being overweight “will score goals and do well at Inter Milan but unprofessionalism is contagious!” Article continues below Editors’ Picks Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? And Lukaku, who opened his Serie A account in his debut with Inter last week, took exception to the tweet, saying one only has to look to the long list of managers who have praised his work ethic to see how wrong Neville is.”Don’t question my professionalism,” Lukaku told BBC Sport. “I live for this game. I am at home all the time. I try to do everything to improve.””He (Neville) can talk about my fitness but he should never say anything about my professionalism, that I don’t work hard enough. That is something he cannot say. All the coaches I have had say the same thing about me.”What did Ole Gunnar Solskjaer say when I was on the training ground? What did he say? That I always work hard and always do my best to try and improve myself. Same with Jose Mourinho and Roberto Martinez. Now Antonio Conte will say it.”Last year was just a bad year. It happens in football. You just have to move on. I am not going to sit here and react in a negative way.”We are grown men. He is a pundit. He gets paid to say this kind of stuff. I am paid to play football. I just want to do my best for Inter Milan. That is it.”Lukaku also moved to deny any fitness issues during this past pre-season with United – which had been used as justification as to why he did not see the field.The striker started for Inter in their 4-0 win over Lecce in the Serie A opener, going 90 minutes, and discussed the high levels of fitness required to play in head coach Antonio Conte’s system.”I was training by myself for the last couple of weeks in Manchester with one of the physical coaches,” Lukaku added.”From Singapore until I moved here, I was basically only doing running and not training on the pitch. When I got here they asked me what I had been doing.”I had not done any group training, only running, so we kept the running part going. They introduced me to the group exercises and then they organised some friendlies and that was it.”When I arrived, the first four days were about building up the physical aspect, getting as fit as possible for the first game – do a lot of physical work and adapt tactically to what he (Conte) wants on the pitch.”How we play involves a lot of pressing, being in the right positions. You have to be alert and sharp in training.”When asked if he knew why United thought he had a fitness issue, Lukaku told BBC Sport: “No.”
A motorcyclist died following injuries sustained from striking a semi truck in Emery County late Thursday evening.According to the Utah Highway Patrol (UHP), the incident occurred on Highway 6 at mile post 298. At 10:45 p.m., an eastbound motorcycle with a lone rider crossed the centerline and impacted in a head-on style with a semi.“The rider of the motorcycle died on the scene from injuries sustained in the crash,” UHP shared. “Alcohol, prescription drugs and windy weather are all possible factors in the crash.”The highway was closed following the collision, which resulted in a fire that completely destroyed the semi and its cargo. Both directions of travel were closed for approximately four hours.The Utah Highway Patrol has not released the name or any identifying information of the motorcyclist.
Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)RelatedGunmen terrorise, rob Berbice businessmanSeptember 2, 2019In “Crime”Taxi driver shot by bandits – at CumberlandFebruary 8, 2016In “Crime”71-yr-old Berbice businessman beaten, robbedNovember 6, 2016In “Crime” A pandit and his wife were yesterday terrorised and robbed by five armed bandits as they were preparing for morning prayers at around 05:30hrs.Pravanie-PersaudThe couple’s 14-year-old daughter was choked out of her sleep at their Letter Kenny, East Berbice Corentyne home.Bisoondat Rampersaud said he was getting ready for mandir when he felt someone grabbed him and placed a metal object to his side.He said the bandit was armed with a gun and ordered him into his daughter’s bedroom.According to Rampersaud, three other men – two armed with cutlasses and the other with a gun – also followed them into the room.The fifth bandit was standing guard outside.Rampersaud explained that one of the perpetrators grabbed his sleeping daughter by the neck, and demanded cash and jewellery – threatening to kill his daughter if he failed to comply.As such, he handed over $60,000 and a cellular phone.However, the bandits were not satisfied and continued to threaten to kill his daughter.Unaware of what was happening in the house, Rampersaud’s wife, Pravanie, was praying at her alter in the yard.Speaking with the media, the woman said she heard her daughter scream and rushed to see what was happening.But as she made her way to her daughter’s room, she was confronted by one of the gunmen who demanded more valuables.She handed over US$150 and a quantity of jewellery.The woman recalled that the men were still unsatisfied and as such, they gun butted her.However, the woman recalled screaming neighbours, causing the men to grab a flat screen TV and escape.Police are investigating.